Friday, July 17, 2009

Little Bean's Heartbeat

So last month Marc & I got to hear baby bean's heartbeat for the 1st time. It was kinda funny because the nurse was telling us what to listen for, but everything sounded kinda mushy and we couldn't quite tell what was baby and what was me. It was still a very cool experience. Yesterday I had my 16 week appointment with my doctor and she pulled out the machine to listen to the heartbeat. It was, by far, the coolest moment I've had so far since finding out I am pregnant. The heartbeat was very clear and loud, it was like woosh, woosh, woosh, well that doesn't do it justice. It was awesome. Baby Bean has a very strong heartbeat and is doing well! In 2 1/2 weeks we get our 1st ultra sound and probably find out the sex of the baby! I really can't wait for that.

I was also excited to find out I've only gained 3 lbs this past month. I'm really trying to eat enough, but still not overeat so it was great to see I'm on the right track. Sadly after my appointment I think all the excitement boosted my appetite and I went to taco bell and, well, lets just say, I ate more then normal...

After dinner we went to see the newest Harry Potter and I think I had my hand on my tummy throughout the entire movie. Hearing the heartbeat has kick started my maternal instincts a little. There was 1 jump out of your seat moment in the movie and I think both me and the baby jumped. It was kinda funny.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment