So on Saturday I took Marc for his very 1st trip into Babies R Us, it was quite the adventure. I tried taking him through the baby clothes section to see if he'd get all gushy over the tiny clothing, like us girls do, but alas he informed me he's not in the baby clothes place yet. Maybe after we know the sex and he can start picturing his baby in the clothes. We'll see.
Then we moved into the nursery furniture and theme section. I got a little frustrated when he started saying how the cribs were too expensive. I had to explain to him how they convert from a crib to a daybed to a kids full size bed. Once he looked at the pictures he was actually impressed and agreed that getting one would be a good idea. Whew! The greatest part of the trip was when I showed him the themes I had picked out, 1 for a boy and 1 for a girl. He really liked both of them, especially the boy's theme, I have to admit it is really cute. It has monkeys, palm trees, and sail boats, very cute. We're going to have to figure out what to do with the "family" buffet we were given when we got married. I don't think it will fit in the guest room which means we'd have to make it work for the nursery. All in all its a relatively nice buffet and would be very functional, I think, in the the nursery, but finding a crib and other furniture to match the wood could be a challenge. Its kinda a dark oak, but also has lighter areas as well. Hard to explain. Marc mentioned trying to sell it, I wasn't sure if that was a possibility since its suppose to be a Mehl family heirloom (Marc's Mom's side of the family). Anyway, we'll just have to figure that out in time. August is going to be clean out the old office-convert it into a guest room-clean out the future nursery-and paint month. Ok maybe August & September. :-)
Next we went over to the pack n play/ stroller section. We both agreed that a pack n' play is a must! We looked at some strollers and car seats then found "THE WALL O BOTTLES!" Um yeah, I have no clue what to do with that... I don't think they give you enough options...NOT!!!
Well, all in all, it was a successful 1st joint venture to Babyland. I foresee some issues in explaining to Marc that just because our parents got by without some of this stuff doesn't mean we have to. Why not take adventage of the new cool stuff that might make life less stressful.
That's all for now!
Bye!
Family Update
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment