Please excuse me, I am so bad at this blogging thing. I have a hard enough time just thinking of a status update on Facebook. Oh well I'll give it another try.
Last week we started our birthing classes with Amy Schull as our instructor. I was very excited to find out she was teaching the class. The class was very enjoyable I though, of course the beginning was a little slow being the introduction and all, but then it picked up. She had us get together into 2 groups, all the mothers in one and the fathers in the other. We got to share our likes and dislikes so far with the pregnancy. The answers were very similar in our group. We all love feeling the baby move and kick and we all agree the uncomfortableness and difficulty sleeping was no fun at all. The guys were kinda cute, they all agreed they don't like seeing their partners hurting or uncomfortable and not being able to do much about it. They also agreed feeling the baby kick was pretty cool. So far our class is pretty quiet whenever Amy tries to get us to talk. Marc & I will definitely be the most verbal I'm thinking, especially Marc. Of course this isn't his favorite subject. He has no problem taking care of me, getting the nursery ready, doing house and yard work, but when it comes to learning about what all is going to happen once we get to the hospital, he's a little weirded out. At first I thought he was just being really negative about the whole thing, but he's just learning how to deal with it all. Its funny to me because I'm the one that's gonna be going through it all physically, but he the one that seems to be struggling with it all. He promised he'll get better and knows I'm gonna be counting on him for support as we get closer to the day.
Marc has been great at home. He's done a ton of yard work keeping our backyard safe for our psychedelic toad addicted dog. Hopefully everything he's been doing will work next summer in keeping the stupid things out of our yard. He's almost completed painting the nursery. All that's left is a few borders along the ceiling. I love the color and can't wait to start decorating the room. We'll probably get the rest of the furniture in November. Marc has also been giving me leg and foot massages, which if you've ever been pregnant you know is a wonderful treat.
I had my 29 week appointment yesterday and found out the results to my glucose test. I'm very grateful that the results were good I do not have any pregnancy diabetes, that would have been a pain. I also found out that my belly is a little bigger than expected for where I'm at. The doctor plans to continue monitoring my growth over the next month and may order another ultrasound to be more sure of my due date. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for an earlier due date, but its hard. My appointments will now be every two weeks so we'll see what they say next time.
Well I think that's all for now. I still have to finish all my thank you cards from the shower. I got a really good start to them, but unfortunately I've let the rest sit for awhile. This weekend, I will finish them!
Until next time (which hopefully won't be too long from now)!
Family Update
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment